Campio Brewing is the newest brewpub project by Bearhill Brewing in Edmonton, Alberta. We’re building a 12,000 square foot brewpub with 275 seats, outdoor patio, dedicated sour/fouders cellar in downtown Edmonton, only 1 block to the Ice District and Rogers Place. We’re looking for an experienced head brewer with creative chops to craft the opening lineup, work with and help train our front of house team and flex their creative muscles laying down a complete sour program from day 1. This is a unique opportunity for the right head brewer to showcase their talents.
Bearhill has a wealth of experience in brewpub operations over 15 years. We currently operate Jasper Brewing, Banff Ave Brewing, Wood Buffalo Brewing, Last Best Brewing & Distilling as well as distributing across 4 provinces in western Canada. We have a broad creative direction for Campio, but want to find the right head brewer who’ll evolve our vision and make it their own.
As the Head Brewer for Campio Brewing, you would report to the Campio General Manager and Bearhill Director of Brewing. One of your first tasks would be to hire your opening brew team, with help and guidance from the team we already have established in Edmonton.
Campio Brewing is targeted to open in August 2019 and our ideal candidate would start in late May / early June to be brewing for open.
As head brewer, you would:
- Plan, direct and coordinate all beer production activities in the brewery.
- Hire, train and develop your own team.
- Develop the beer lineup for Campio’s opening in August 2019.
- Develop seasonals, collaborations and one-off releases.
- Develop the sour beer program at Campio.
- Maintain SOPs and train staff in the safe implementation of brewing procedures.
- Manage beer production forecasts with the restaurant General Manager and external customers.
- Fulfil orders with our existing sales team for limited on-premise sales.
- Educate and mentor restaurant front of house staff on beer styles, sensory training and off-flavours.
- Be a part of customer events including speaking engagements, beer dinners and training workshops.