About Lord Hobo Brewing Company
At Lord Hobo Brewing Company (LHBCo) our core goal is to make world-class beer available on every shelf. Quite simply, we believe that beer is one of the few products in the world where the absolute best is affordable and available to both Lords and Hobos. We’re on a mission to make beers on par with the best in the world, and to make our beers always available, wherever good beer is sold. We are a young and passionate brewery that is growing rapidly. Our brands, such as, Boomsauce, Hobo Life, and Glorious are consumer magnets and designed to win the favor of on and off-premise retail accounts
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Raw ingredient handling, all aspects of a brew day, transferring wort/beer, yeast handling, packaging, monitoring fermentations, etc.
- Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
- Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
- Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
- CIP and Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, and bright beer tanks)
- Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain
- Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and by-the-letter adherence to SOP’s
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
- Ability to understand and pinch hit in cellar and packaging when needed
- Organize production logs, inventory reports, packaging logs, etc.
- Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, cellar, packaging, FOH, customers, suppliers, etc.)
- Assist with the development of our QA/QC program
- Maintain brewery equipment as well as general facility
Production Brewer qualifications:
At a minimum, the Production Brewer must have the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a production brewery or brewpub
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
- Ability to read and follow written English instructions
- Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of grain and kegs of beer
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience including healthcare, opportunities for advancement and on the job training, and of course a generous beer benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
To apply for this position, e-mail your resumé and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com.