We’re looking for an extraordinary person who has at least 5 years of professional Brewing experience with either kombucha or beer to join us as our first Full-Time Brewer/Employee #1. This is an incredible opportunity that offers unlimited potential within a fast-growing company for someone who is experienced, personable and capable of wearing many hats and eventually becoming Head Brewer.
East Coast Kombucha Company is a startup, state of the art kombucha brewery located in a renovated factory building in historic South Norwalk, Connecticut-a coastal town with beautiful beaches, friendly people and a vibrant nightlife just a 45 minute drive/train-ride from New York City. We’ll provide the tools, resources and vision, you’ll bring your passion, expertise and unrelenting commitment to quality-and together we’ll produce and distribute the best tasting organic kombucha available anywhere. Along the way we’ll also have fun, give back to the community and build a unique brand that we can all be proud of.
If your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described in this posting, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Brewing kombucha using vessels such as tea brewers, fermenters and brite tanks ranging from 10-50 BBLs.
- Formulation and documentation of unique new recipes.
- Production forecasting and management.
- Maintain product quality, efficient processes and overall organization and cleanliness of facility.
- Ability to accurately measure all aspects of fermentation and Quality Control including PH, Alcohol and Brix levels, bacteria and yeast propagation. Logging and documentation of all tasks performed and recorded in brewery management software
- Work with team to create and execute brewery schedule to fulfill growing demand.
- Carbonating product to consistent levels using a carbonation stone.
- Packaging product into kegs and bottles.
- CIP procedures for fermenters and cellar including general disassembly/reassembly of tanks, filters and chillers.
- Assist with the development of our QA/QC system.
- Accurate filing of monthly and yearly internal and external production/inventory reports
- Manage ingredients inventory and work with leadership to secure contracts as needed
- Transferring kombucha to fermenters and tanks using mobile brew pumps.
- Developing and Implementing SOP for production methods
- Be a passionate ambassador for our brand-willing to share your knowledge with customers at our tasting room, farmer’s markets and events.
- Collaborate daily with Upper Management to design, implement and manage workflow.
- Occasional delivery to local customers may be required
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience, opportunities for advancement, brand swag, and of course a generous kombucha allowance!
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to join the East Coast Kombucha family, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
East Coast Kombucha Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.