Brewerkz Brewing Singapore is seeking experienced brewers to join our team.
Brewerkz Brewing is THE original craft brewery started in Singapore in 1997. We are currently undergoing a craft brewer’s dream with a total upgrade of our microbrewery and the entire brewing program to reflect the new and exciting beer styles we all crave using new world hops, old world spices, fruits grown regionally and globally, mixed fermentations, and barrel-aging to round it all off. We are in the final stages of tripling our capacity (with plans for more fermenters) and are incorporating lots of new toys to help meet a brewer’s creative demands and to prepare us for expansion throughout Singapore and Asia Pacific.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brew consistently excellent beer and be interested to create new beers.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and organized facility and equipment.
- Responsible for executing and coordinating daily brewing, cellar, and packaging tasks, as well as brewing both independently and alongside the Head Brewer and working with the team.
- The Brewer will be responsible for maintaining proper functioning, sanitary, and safe operations.
- CIP equipment and tanks, kegs, work with team to maintain and operate our brewery toys: new Cask canning line, new GEA centrifuge, new M+F keg washer/filler stainless and Key Keg filling machine, and a 300L, 2-vessle pilot brewery and10 fermenters.
- Keep accurate and meticulous records.
- Experienced with basic lab techniques and procedures a plus, but not critical.
- Manage general and preventative maintenance programs.
- Our beers are unpasteurized and naturally conditioned - strict attention to sanitation is a MUST.
- Must be a problem solver, good communicator, and possess a desire to always improve operations and beers.
- Be willing to lead by example.
- Reporting to Head Brewer/Managing Director.
- Experience: Must have minimum of two (2) years of experience with illustrated comprehension of brewing concepts, techniques, and equipment.
- Education: Bachelor of Science a plus, college degree or trade certifications required (Singapore immigration requirement if necessary). Certificate from well recognized school of brewing another plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of brewing science and principles an absolute MUST.
- Strong ability to be organized, thorough, and have a passion for improving and mastering methods and efficiencies.
- Able to lift 25kg sacks of grain, move 30 & 50L kegs, and work with wooden barrels.
- Able to stand for long periods of time in warm and humid conditions.
- Must be reliable, communicate well, manage time efficiently, work with a team.
- Be willing to work long hours at times, an occasional weekend here and there, and/or flexible shifts.
Often wet. Sometimes slippery. Loud at times. Warm 365 days. Heck, we’re in the tropics! Exposure to potentially dangerous chemicals which require proper working knowledge and use of safety equipment. Some tasks highly repetitive. Be willing to cope with American sarcasm and reciprocate accordingly in kind. We work close together and long hours so you have to love making beer, don’t mind working hard, and having fun.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, and accomplishments. Health insurance, visa covered for expats.
Job Type: Full-time
Please forward cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org